Pages

Tuesday 9 October 2012

13 August 2012

Bloc Party - Octopus
John: Pick that one out. What a way to start.

Peter, Bjorn and John - Young Folks
John: Whatever happened to a tune you could whistle?

Eugene McGuinness - Harlequinade

Django Django - Hail Bop
John: Two weeks in and we're already calling these guys 'show favourites'

Chemical Brothers - Theme for Velodrome
John: One of a series of pieces commissioned for the Olympics. Impossible to not to draw comparisons to Kraftwerk

Euros Childs - That's Better
John: I'm really not sure whether I like this, but threw it in anyway for people to make their own minds up
Carolyn: I'm not sure either
John: Is it me or does it sound a bit like Cockney Rebel?

Beck - Girl
John: Beck released a new work in the week only available as sheet music
Carolyn: That's odd. Why?
John: Part of that whole debate about how to make music pay in the digital era. If it's illegal copying he's worried about though, he's clearly not heard of fax machines or photocopiers

Cover Version Corner
Bird - I Wanna Be Your Dog
John: A folk-funk version of the old Stooges record
Carolyn: I don't know the original. Maybe we should play that as well in future

Of Monsters And Men - Little Talks

Beat Connection - Further Out

Longpigs - On And On
John: Bloody love this one. Can't believe it's nearly 20 years old

Smoke Fairies - Let Me Know

Housemartins - Me And The Farmer
John: I had a look at the video when I was putting the show together. Blimey, they look young. Top record though


Here's your YouTube playlist.

No comments: